IBM~ Contractor position
SAP Basis specialist within IBM's outsourcing department near Nice, France.
Technical Project Manager customer MHIS
- Define and implement technical and infrastructure part of customer projects (server builds, technical evolutions). AIX and ESX/Win environment.
- Ensure all needed tasks are performed according to high quality standards, project planning and contractual SLAs.
- Current project management include : SAP SCM5 to SCM7 upgrade, SAP ECC6 Support Packages Stacks, SAP BO PCM implementation.
Technical Project Manager customer Danone
- Managed and organized parallel projects of migrating SAP SCM to version 7 with unicode conversion and database compression, and SAP ECC6 to EHP4. These projects are currently being finished, on time with the initial planning. Scope of 6 SCM and 7 ECC6 production servers.
- Organized and conducted a project for optimizing planned downtimes by performing landscape evolutions in as little maintenances as possible. Highly visible project with ever-changing deadlines. Scope : 130+ servers migrated to AIX 6.1 with boot on san and NPIV, DB2 9.7 and half of them moved to new hardware at the same time.
SAP Specialist during ECC6 upgrade project customer Danone
Upgrade of 7 production systems from R.3 4.6C to ECC6, including unicode migration and database compression. Each golive was to be performed within a 72-hour window. This project finished on time and within budget.
Technical benefits: Database size reduced by 41% on average as a result of DB2 compression, instead of expected growth due to unicode.
Environment: DB2 UDB (9.1), AIX 5.3, IBM P-series. Database size ranging from 800Gb to 3.5Tb before migration.
- Implemented latest advanced R3load techniques and optimization : tables split, parallel export/import on several servers, Migration Monitor.
- Helped reduce the number of rehearsals for going live from three to just one, speeding up the process considerably, by drawing on experience gained during the initial upgrades..
- Wrote technical documentation, procedures and guidelines for the migration.
- Drew up cutover plan, detailing and timing all tasks for the upgrade.
- Upgraded non-production landscape and 5 of the production systems.
Technical Customer Manager & SAP Team Leadercustomer Danone
- Managed technical relations between Danone and IBM's teams, pertaining to SLA compliance, incident reporting and customer requests.
- Oversaw procedure evolution and optimization to take proactive actions to prevent incidents.
- Organized and planned recurrent and exceptional off-hours maintenances, with up to 20 changes in a single day.
- Managed a team of 9 SAP level-2 and level-3 administrators : dispatched tasks, managed team planning.
SAP Basis Administrator customer Danone
SAP R/3 4.6C with database size up to 3.5Tb, APO 3.0A / SCM 5.0 with livecache up to 196Gb, EBP 4.0, PLM, for a total of 15 production and 10 non-production systems. AIX 5, DB2 LUW & UDB.
- Performed standard administration and monitoring tasks in an highly critical environment with 24/7 support.
- Worked off-hours on a regular basis (night shifts, week-end maintenances).
- Provided on-call support during system outages and crisis, with focus on immediate resolution and root-cause analysis (RCA).
- Installed, configured and maintained new systems and implemented landscape evolutions.
SAP ABAP Developper